Re: Real life implementation of 7 year data retention requirement

  • From: Kevin Jernigan <kevin.jernigan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mark.powell2@xxxxxx" <mark.powell2@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:18:44 -0800

Those restrictions were removed in 11gR2; with the exception of a few more
extreme operations such as "split table", FDA is completely transparent to
almost all DDL, including add column, drop column, etc.

We also added the ability to temporarily disassociate a table from FDA, then
make structural changes (to both the table and its associated FDA history
tables), then reassociate the table with FDA.

Bottom line: in 11gR2, FDA is almost completely transparent to applications and
end users, and very easy to use.

-KJ

Sent from my iPhone