Read-only tablespaces following an RMAN clone.

  • From: "fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx" <fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:21:07 -0400

Hi all,
I recently cloned a DB that had 2 large read-only tablespaces. to expedite the cloning process, I did a 'skipp readonly'. Now, my auxiliary DB is open and running. I then copied the tablespace files from the source DB to the aux. one and attempted to bring them online. Oracle complained with ORA-1206 'file is not part of this database - wrong database id'. I have done my search and found no way to get these tablespaces in the aux. db via RMAN. The options that I have found are...
1- transportable tablespaces
2- exp/imp

Can this be done via RMAN and how?