Re: Read a corrupted block

  • From: David Litchfield <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:12:37 +0100

C DUMPSCNS

You can download the tool from http://www.v3rity.com/cadfile.zip
Source etc in the zip file.
HTH,
David Litchfield
V3RITY Ltd
http://www.v3rity.com/

On 29/07/2010 15:46, Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

When all hope fails – block recover, dbms_repair, etc. and before you enable skipping corrupt blocks, is there some utility that can show me what is in the block?

Something like a hex reader, but since it is only one block, (and we are probably going to be getting rid of that data anyway), the method should be free. (For instance, I think dude (possible spelling) is something that could work, but for one block it would be overkill).

Even if it is not free, you could let me know. I probably won’t get it, but the information would be useful, and the question has been raised.