Re[3]: Oracle 911 Article

  • From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Nuno Souto <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 06:00:01 -0500

Sunday, March 7, 2004, 2:29:44 AM, Nuno Souto (dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
NS> Hehehe!  That would seem to indicate training has
NS> squat to do with employee retention!  ;)
NS> Which I agree with.

I disagree Nuno. Training was one of the reasons I liked,
and stuck with, KPMG as long as I did. Like any job there
were pros and cons, but training was definitely something I
consciously considered as being on the positive side of the
scale. Of all the companies I've *ever* worked for, KPMG was
hands-down the best when it came to sending me off to
conferences and courses and such. They would be high on my
list to approach again, should I ever be "looking".

Now, I'm not trying to shill for my former employer, but
rather to point out that, for me at least, training, the
right sort of training, the willingness to send me to a
conference for example, makes a difference. However, it's
not certainly not the *only* issue when it comes to
retention.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are
http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Join the Oracle-article list and receive one
article on Oracle technologies per month by
email. To join, visit http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/oracle-article,
or send email to Oracle-article-request@xxxxxxxxxxx and
include the word "subscribe" in either the subject or body.