Re[2]: Howard Rogers 9i new features book

  • From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:38:50 -0500

Tuesday, November 2, 2004, 8:24:12 PM, DENNIS WILLIAMS
(DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
DW> Thank you Jonathan! Great to know that someone at a publisher really
DW> understands Oracle DBAs.

Well, here's the back-story. I'd heard about this document,
and went out to Howard's site to download it. Sadly, his
site bandwidth limit had been exceeded, probably by people
like me downloading the document. Around the same time
another editor at O'Reilly was experimenting with a new
initiative to sell documents in PDF form. The light clicked
on in my head, which it does on rare occasions, and I put
Howard in touch with that other editor. Now, instead of
costing Howard money in bandwidth fees, perhaps he can make
a little bit instead.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are
http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Join the Oracle-article list and receive one
article on Oracle technologies per month by
email. To join, visit http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/oracle-article,
or send email to Oracle-article-request@xxxxxxxxxxx and
include the word "subscribe" in either the subject or body.