Re: (Re) ?? wierd cold fusion programmers ??

  • From: mkb <mkb125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 07:19:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- ryan gaffuri <ryan.gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The market for people with Top Secret Clearances is
> 'insane'. There are job
> fairs just for them.
Quite true.  I see a lot of job fairs just for people
with Government clearances.  The minimum required to
attend is Secret.

> Now Secret clearances don't seem to be too hot. You
> can get an 'interim' in
> 2 weeks and work on secret projects before having it
> completed.
It can still take up to a year just to get a Secret.
They don't seem to be giving away TS's like they used.
 It's still better then having nothing though.

> However, 80%
> of the DC Oracle market appears to be non-citizens
> and therefore inelligible
> for them.
> Seems like the Oracle market is far weaker
> than some other skills
I'd have to disagree a little.  Because a lot of
people are not eligible for most of the positions, I
think the demand for Oracle DBAs' is still quite good,
especially if you have additional skills like data
warehousing, modelling etc.  I especially have noted
RAC popping up a lot in job requirements nowdays.

--
mohammed