Re: Re: performance when inserting into child tables

  • From: <ryan.gaffuri@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 8:30:13 -0400

Here is what I did. I think the part about latch issues with constraint check
is it. Next time I do a load, I'll disable the foreign key.

Here is what I did:

1. insert select of about 7 million records(about 300 MB of data) to the parent
table. Took about 2 hours.

2. Did the exact same thing to the child table. So in this case it set up a 1-1
relationship. I haven't been able to get into the server since yesterday, but
last I checked I was about 7 hours in and v$session_longops showed about 35% of
the blocks read.

There was absolutely no additional use on the database or the server. I was the
only one on it.