Re: Re: linux system load

  • From: "biti_rainy" <biti_rainy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:47:39 +0800

hi,Mladen Gogala

  thanks  for  your  repply.

i  do  not  do  many  statspack  snapshot  frequencly  ,  the  job is

what => statspack.snap;
interval => trunc(sysdate) +
decode(to_char(sysdate,'hh24'),8,9.5,9,10.5,10,15,15,16,16,17,17,23,32.5)/24

i    check  the statspack  report  ,  system load ,cpu load,io,net,swap  from
8:30 AM  to  9:30 AM   every day, and  i  checked  more than  30 days.about
scatter 10 days's  load-1      are  out  of  ways ,but  the  statspack reports
show nothing. all the  loadprofile  , top 5  event ,cpu time,top sqls,eplasd
time ...  are  almost the  same  .  and   at  that time (from  8:30 am  to
9:30 AM)  i check active session and the  runing  sql ,i  find  nothing
special. so  i am  puzzle.

    we  are using  mrtg to  monitoring the  os and  db  stat  with  web  chart.
i  use  both  sar  and  top, from  top output , about 15  process's  cpu%  are
close to  1.5%, the  other  days  this  may  be  close  to  1% .  may be  this
is  the  point, but   the  statspack  reports  show that  the  cpu_time  ,
eplasd time ,wait time ,executions  are  the  same.only the  system
load(load-1 /  load-5  /load-15)  is   strange.

Best regards

msn: biti_rainy@xxxxxxxxxxx
a dba from alibaba(china)

---- from the  mail-----