RE: Re: libaio on RHEL4

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:39:53 -0500

Hi Charlotte,

aio/0 and aio/1 are kernel threads that actually do the kernelized AIO
under linux.  However, for a user space program to access the AIO
interface, libaio is required.  So, aio/0 and aio/1 are the parts of the
kernel that support AIO, and indicate that you're running an AIO-capable
kernel.  But, for any program, such as Oracle, to actually utilize AIO,
requires libaio be installed, to provide the user space to kernel
interface.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"Exception:  Some dividends may be reported as qualified dividends but
are not qualified dividends.  These include:

* Dividends you received on any share of stock that you held for less
than 61 days during the 121-day period that began 60 days before the
ex-dividend date.  The ex-dividend date is the first date following the
declaration of a dividend on which the purchaser of a stock is not
entitled to receive the next dividend payment. When counting the number
of days you held the stock, include the day you disposed of the stock
but not the day you acquired it. See the examples below. Also, when
counting the number of days you held the stock, you cannot count certain
days during which your risk of loss was diminished.  See Pub. 550 for
more details."
  --IRS, Form 1040-A Instruction Booklet, Line 9b:  Qualified Dividends