RE: Re: how to get oracle to ignore an index

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:13:37 -0600

Perhaps that is one case, but I just tried this:

    SELECT /*+ index(pm partmaster_partno) */ *
    FROM partmaster pm;

...where "partmaster" is an 8400 block table, and "partmaster_partno" is a
2-segment unique index, and Oracle still correctly chooses the FTS, even
though I hinted to use an index.

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxx           Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA