Re: Re: RMAN backup of noarchivelog DB

  • From: anelson77388@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:33:47 +0000

You should also be able to tnsping your target database. Given the ORA-12154 which is a standard "don't have a tns entry for this database" sort of message, it probable that once you get your sqlnet stuff sorted out you should be good to go.

Allan

On Apr 29, 2010 2:27pm, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are you running this on the same server that your database resides? If so, set your oracle sid prior to starting rman, like this:

export ORACLE_SID=dbname1
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/rman target /

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Ram K lambu999@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for helping Mark. I wanted to post the details before, but putting the details along with the issue prevents the message from getting posted because of size limitations or something. I had to wait till the issue got posted.

Here is the script that I use:

------------------------------- BEGIN SCRIPT ---------------------------

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/rman
connect target sys/$syspswd@$ORACLE_SID; #
run
{
configure CHANNEL device type 'SBT_TAPE' clear;
CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE DISK PARALLELISM 2;
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON;
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO '${bkupdir}/%F';

allocate channel ch1 device type disk maxpiecesize 10G;
allocate channel ch2 device type disk maxpiecesize 10G;
crosscheck backup;
shutdown immediate;
startup mount;
backup

incremental level=0

as compressed backupset

tag 'bk_${DBNAME}_$today'
format '${bkupdir}/%d_%I_%T_%U'
database
;
backup
tag '${DBNAME}_ctrl_$today'
current controlfile format '${bkupdir}/${DBNAME}_%I_ctrl_$today';

alter database open;
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO '/backups/$DBNAME/backup_files/%F';
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP OFF;
}
exit

_EOF_

-------------------------------- END SCRIPT -------------------------------

Before I start running the backup of the db (db by name 'april' created for test purposes) here is the status:

! crsstat | grep april
ora.april.april1.inst ONLINE ONLINE on nmhd01
ora.april.april2.inst OFFLINE OFFLINE
ora.april.aprils.april1.srv ONLINE ONLINE on nmhd01

ora.april.aprils.cs ONLINE ONLINE on nmhd01
ora.april.db ONLINE ONLINE on nmht01

A while after the backup script is kicked off here is the status:

! crsstat | grep april
ora.april.april1.inst OFFLINE OFFLINE
ora.april.april2.inst OFFLINE OFFLINE
ora.april.aprils.april1.srv OFFLINE OFFLINE

ora.april.aprils.cs OFFLINE OFFLINE
ora.april.db OFFLINE OFFLINE

The backup script completed executing but the status of services still remains above. I have to shutdown the DB and restart the DB to get the services back online.

Here is a portion of the output from RMAN run:

---------------------------------- BEGIN RMAN OUTPUT -------------------------------------

allocated channel: ch1
channel ch1: sid=132 instance=april1 devtype=DISK

allocated channel: ch2
channel ch2: sid=131 instance=april1 devtype=DISK

database closed
database dismounted
Oracle instance shut down

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================

RMAN-03002: failure of startup command at 04/29/2010 13:10:37
ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

RMAN>

Recovery Manager complete.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Bobak, Mark Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Ram,

I'm sure someone can help.

First, what is the “regular script” that you're using? Can you post it?

Second, what “problems with the services” are you referring to, exactly? Specific error with error number would be helpful here.

We need to know what you're doing and exactly what problem you're running into, in order to help.

-Mark