RE: Re: Oracle XE Corruption

  • From: "Daniel Fink" <daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx, jepettrey@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:59:46 +0000

I'm a little bothered by the fact that a known corrupt index would be used to
rebuild itself. I would expect
1) The rebuild to fail
2) The rebuild to use the table data as the source

One question in my mind is what was the index state? Was it still marked as
good in the data dictionary despite these errors? Should it not have been
marked as corrupt/unusable?