Re : Fwd: ArchiveLogs on NetApps ? -- an update

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:46:10 +0800

Just to send out an update on this issue ....

The Linux servers have 2 NIC connecting through two seperate switches in an
Active/Active bonding.
We changed the switch configuration to enable Flow Control and updated the
Intel drivers for the
NICs and switched them to Active/Passing.  Then, we got much better
performance -- a 100MB
ArchiveLog written in 8-12 seconds.

Also, the "corrupt block" error on the last ArchiveLog went away in
repeated recovery tests.

Hemant