RE: Rapidly Growing space usage in TS with only two indexes

  • From: "Nizar Ahmed" <gnahmed.c@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arul kumar" <arul76_2000@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 09:35:30 +0300

Nope. The indexes were not rebuilt.

And secondly why would indexes grow rapidly after a rebuild unless data
is inserted in / around the indexed area?

I am searching Tom but I have no satisfactory answers.

PS: To solve the issue, we did rebuild the index after 7 days of now
stop growth and space taken up in the TS now is around 25 % less.

Rgds.

G. Nizar A. Baig