Re: RTFM replies

  • From: Sanjay Madan <madan.sanjay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:16:26 +0530

Mladen,

You are probably very right. Indeed most of the questions that land up in ur
mailbox from this list may well be trivial. However, please consider that

a) 10 years of experience is a long time. Lot of what now seems to be very
trivial and obvious to you may not be as obvious to many of the others.
Agreed time isnt everything and one does need to upgrade oneself to answer
and analyze like Mladen, but I'd still say, lets give everyone a chance.

b) Utilities like the internet and Metalink which are available (by default
!?) in some countries, are not so easily available in many others.

c) Manuals. Yes u are very correct. Most of what is asked is all in there.
But then, isnt it normal human tendency to go to the easier option ? Its not
the best thing to do but an online FAQ is always more "handy" !! ( hang on..
dont start firing just yet..!!)

d) Cary and Jonathan do put in their bits when its required, dont they !?

e) I'd personally hate to loose out on the stuff you and many others
contribute to the list. Agreed, from your perspective it may not be the
same, but I'm sure even you do learn something or the other fom the list
once in a while !? Maybe you can so something like what JL has done ? have a
filter which picks up those mails that have your name mentioned in them
?..(dunno where i got that from !!) or maybe just delete mails by their
Subject and just respond to the 1% you find interesting ? ....whatever .....
What i'd like to say is that trivial questions probably will keep comming in
and that shouldnt be any reason for you getting out of the list. So just
hang in there ....

Ahh... I know I've probably asked for all the Mladenisms that's going to
come, but honestly, have meant only good.

Regards

sanjay