RE: RMAN-NetBackup without an RMAN Catalog

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Hemant K Chitale' <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:26:33 -0400

Hemant,

You have to admit that this may never be available.  Think about it.  You
will be migrating to new releases about 4 times between now and 5 years from
now.  Rman version 13x would probably choke and puke anyway when it tried to
restore the version 9i controlfile!  :)

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional