Re: RMAN-08138: WARNING

  • From: Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:08:53 -0400

I ran into this a few months ago.  I believe my solution was to set an
archivelog deletion policy and to stop the specific deletion of
archivelogs.   "delete noprompt obsolete" should cleanup backups and
archivelogs - you don't need to "delete noprompt archivelog..."

# Starting with 11g, we can configure an archivelog deletion policy.
configure archivelog deletion policy to backed up 2 times to disk;
.
<backup commands here>
.

# Cleanup the backups based on the retention policy.
crosscheck backup;
delete noprompt obsolete;

Jay