Re: RMAN upgrade catalog

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 09:59:59 -0700

On 8/1/07, Kline.Michael <Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>      We have a 10.2.0.2 database that wants an "upgrade catalog" if we use
> THAT catalog.
>
> If we do that, what happens to the running servers using the 10.2.0.1catalog
> that has now been upgraded?

Just did this a couple months ago for the same reason.

Wasn't any problem at all.  The catalog database is now 10.2.0.3
All RMAN backups continued to work.

There's a ML document that has a RMAN compatibility matrix.

In a nutshell, major versions are compatible in the same catalog

Best look for the ML doc though to be sure about it.

--
Jared Still