RMAN upgrade catalog

  • From: "Kline.Michael" <Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 06:49:00 -0400

We found a 10.2.0.1 rman catalog that has several servers being backed
up.

We have a 10.2.0.2 database that wants an "upgrade catalog" if we use
THAT catalog.

If we do that, what happens to the running servers using the 10.2.0.1
catalog that has now been upgraded?

Am I asking for trouble?

Michael Kline
804.744.1545

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

SunTrust and Seeing beyond money are federally registered service marks of
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]