RE: RMAN repository error - ORA-02290 on RT_C_STATUS

  • From: Lou Avrami <avramil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 16:26:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hey Tom,

Both of the database involved here are 11.2.
The constraint RT_C_STATUS is checking for the values of 'D','E','O' for
STATUS, the same as for 9.2.

The logical assumption would be that something is trying to insert an  record
with an invalid value ... but I have no explanation why this is occurring.
We've run a couple of weeks of backups on the particular target database and
not encountered issues until now.

"Kosher", indeed.  :-)

Lou