RE: RMAN question(s)

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:04:20 -0700

Just an update on this - after running the compressed backups on this
database and another one for 3 weeks now, they are consistently running
much faster than before the compression - a little less than half the
time they used to take, and the size of the backups is consistently
reduced by about 87%.  Pretty nice, thanks for the tip Robert!

Now to test the restores before I implement on my production database .
. .