Re: RMAN question about losing Catalog repository

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:27:54 -0500

My understanding is rman backup info is ALWAYS written to the control
file.

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage?
Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Feb 12-Feb 14, 2010, Valentine's Day Weekend
in Akron, OH

From:
"Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
'ORACLE-L' <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
01/27/2010 03:21 PM
Subject:
RMAN question about losing Catalog repository
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quick question here while I’m working on something else.

If you lose your RMAN repository database in a disaster and you need to
restore your production databases at a remote site, do you have to have
the repository available, or is the backup information stored in the
controlfile as well?

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message
without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or
storing or copying the information on any medium.