RE: RMAN question

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx, jkstill@xxxxxxxxx, LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>, joseph.armstrong-champ@xxxxxxxxx, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:24:21 -0700 (PDT)

I hope copies of those database fact sheets are stored
off-site, and kept updated... :-) Things like database
fact sheets tend to get out of sync in a hurry.

RF
--- "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> It is standard procedure here to record the DBID in
> our "database fact
> sheets" for each database.  I think this is
> recommended as a "best
> practice" somewhere in the Oracle rman doc.  Plus,
> we keep logs of our
> rman output so we could find the DBID (as well as
> the entire backup
> piece handle) there too as long as those logs aren't
> lost along with the
> database.  I think there are a few other places the
> DBID can be found
> but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
>
> Regards,
> Brandon
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
> Jared Still
>

> On 9/17/07, LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>       Autobackup filename has dbid so you dont really
> have to lookup
> in a catalog.
>

> And how do you find that autobackup controlfile if
> you don't know the
> dbid?
>

> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained
> in this message or attachments hereto. Please advise
> immediately if you or your employer do not consent
> to Internet email for messages of this kind.
> Opinions, conclusions and other information in this
> message that do not relate to the official business
> of this company shall be understood as neither given
> nor endorsed by it.

Robert G. Freeman
Author:
Now Available for Pre-Sales on Amazon.com!!!!
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com (Oracle Press)