RMAN innocent bystanders killed on linux

  • From: "Howard Latham" <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:34:31 -0000

I am trying to duplicate a 10g database to a new host.
Host has 28Gig of memory it is running REDHAT Enterprise.
It reads approx 10 X 2 gig backup slices then Redhat's out of memory
utility kicks in and kills the new database AND an innocent bystander
database
Both DBs generate a PMON 471 Error.
I watched the memory with free and the process did not use up all the
memory -
I also have 28Gig of swap.

I have logged a TAR but Oracle have gone rather quiet!

Howard A. Latham
IT Infrastructure Manager
RSMB Television Research Ltd,
The Communications Building,
48 Leicester Square,
London. WC2H 7LT
Registered in England 2173860

Registered in England No. 3266277

 Save a tree...Please don't print this email unless you really need to.

Tel: +44 (0)20 7808 3619
SW:  +44 (0)20 7808 3600
Fax: +44 (0)20 7839 7446

mailto:Howard.latham@xxxxxxxxxx