Re: RMAN incremental backup level ???

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kamusis@xxxxxxxxx, karlarao@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:26:34 -0700 (PDT)

This change has to do with the ability to recover through an incarnation. It
really does not change the basic fact that you have to have a base level 0
backup... it's just that now, that level 0 backup can exist in a previous
incarnation if compatible is set correctly.

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Master Principal Consultant, Oracle Corporation, Oracle ACE
Author of various books on RMAN, New Features and this shorter signature line.

From: Leyi Zhang (Kamus) <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>