Re: RMAN incremental backup level ???

  • From: "Leyi Zhang (Kamus)" <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karlarao@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 09:52:44 +0800

Actually start from 10gR1 doc, there's only incremental level 0 and 1,
no 2,3,4 anymore.
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10735/bkup.htm#1034168

I think Karl mentioned MOS note should be 733535.1

"Yes the backup incremental level 2 is supported in Oracle10g.
Reference to this level was removed
from the documentation for simplicity sake. Realistically, a level 2 =
a differential level 1."

--
Kamus <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>

Visit my blog for more : http://www.dbform.com