RE: RMAN impact

  • From: "Spears, Brian" <BSpears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <litanli@xxxxxxxxx>, "Chris Stephens" <cstephens16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:25:39 -0500

1. you can parallelize or limit it on the backup
2. You can virtual restore your backup just taken to validate everything is
ok.
3. You can direct rman to use the Large pool

We have used it on hoards of databases and have not had a problem.

Pinning the rman packages is the latest thing I saw help.

Oh... if you do it to tape... I found it's lots of fun but doing it to disk
gives us 99.999 percent success.

Brian Spears
Database Services
Limited Technology Services