Re: RMAN impact

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 17:49:28 -0400

On 10/22/2006 05:27:52 PM, Mark Brinsmead wrote:
> One minor correction to Brandon's otherwise great post:
>
> Incremental backups are available with Standard Edition, starting with
> 10gR2.  DBAs working with
> earlier releases of SE may find the upgrade to 10.2 worthwhile just for
> that...

What in the world has happened to Robert Freeman's RMAN book? He announced,
on this very list, the new and improved edition tackling 10G, but it's not
yet in the bookstores. I'm afraid to use changed block tracking as I've never
read anything about anybody else using it.
--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mladen-gogala.com