Re: RMAN impact

  • From: cosmin ioan <cosmini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:31:21 -0700 (PDT)

yes guys , I now understand the process and will be able to better
troubleshoot, rather than accepting a boilerplate answer ;-)

  thanks guys, you rock!
  Cos

David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    The answer is 'it depends'

  you will either have 'no impact', 'some impact' or a 'huge impact'

  depends on your backup type, hardware, version, all sorts of things.

  Have you any evidence to suggest that the backup is causing a problem?

  there is also nothing run with full backups, unless on 10g they will take
less time and therefore lessen any impact anyway

  On 18/10/06, cosmin ioan <cosmini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     hello again,
  I don't have any real-world experience with RMAN but I'm contending w/ the
DBA who says running backups through RMAN, **every day**, for 10 hours, does
not impact  our production performance.  Never-you-mind that these backups are
*full backups*