Re: RMAN full resync of recovery catalog hangs

  • From: Robert Pegram <pegramrg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steve.harville@xxxxxxxxx, Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:36:23 -0800 (PST)

Steve,

Did you recently run "upgrade catalog"?  If so, the first time we upgraded our
catalog to support 11G databases, we had a couple of target databases
experiencing similar behavior.  Below is my notes from where I resolved the
problem.  Apparently I didn't take good notes, but I seem to remember seeing
"control file sequential read" events showing up in the targets database's
v$session_wait view.

=======

Symptom: RMAN full resync of recovery catalog takes extra long time.

FIX:

On Target Database:
SQL> exec dbms_stats.gather_fixed_objects_stats() ;
SQL> alter system flush shared_pool;
RMAN> sql "alter session set optimizer_mode=RULE";
RMAN> resync catalog

=======
HTH
Rob Pegram