Re: RMAN delete obsolete - Ctalog/Third Paty Maintenance

  • From: David Barbour <david.barbour1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luka.grah@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:59:27 -0500

Luke,

We're using Tivoli Storage Manager.  I have to open a channel to TSM so the
delete request is recorded in the TSM database.  I would presume that is
they way most third-party tape solutions would work.  If I don't, then I
have to go in and manually (there is an interface, but it just lists
mismatches between the tape DB and RMAN catalog) delete unwanted/deleted
backups from the tape DB.