Re: RMAN backups with LOB data

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 20:43:35 +1100

On 17/12/2013 1:16 AM, Kumar Madduri wrote:
Got some ideas from here for me to test but I would be interested in any feedback that I can get.

If those LOBs contain already compressed data such as zip or jpgs, then it is likely trying to compress them further with RMAN will result in longer times and larger backup size than expected. Compressed data does not respond well to recursive attempts at compressing it further. give it a try without compression and if it results in faster backup with with smaller backup files, you know that's the case.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto