RE: RMAN archivelog all behavior

  • From: "Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)" <Bruce.Reardon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 12:53:16 +1000

Hi Pete,
Yes it is possible.
If I understand you, you can simulate this behaviour with a new database =
by deleting one of the archive logs from the OS and you'll get a similar =
error.
A few options are available:
eg  tell RMAN the archive log isn't available
RMAN>change archivelog '/u01/oradata/V816//arch/_410.arc' unavailable=20

To notify the recovery catalog about missing archived redo logs, a =
change archivelog all validate command will be more suitable.=20
RMAN> change archivelog all validate;   ! format varies depending on DB =
version - see manual / note 1035665.6

There was (is?) a Metalink note about RMAN catalog maintenance that =
described these options.

See for example:
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_da=
tabase_id=3DNOT&p_id=3D1035665.6

I think there is another option as well, but can't find it quickly at =
the moment.

HTH,
Bruce Reardon

NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and =
may contain legally privileged information.  If you are not an =
authorised recipient, the copying or distribution of this e-mail and any =
attachments is prohibited and you must not read, print or act in =
reliance on this e-mail or attachments.  This notice should not be =
removed.