Re: RMAN again... feedback needed

  • From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: janine@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 08:46:26 +0100

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 6:50 AM, Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  run {
>   recover copy of database
>     with tag 'incremental';
>   backup
>     incremental level 1
>     for recover of copy with tag 'incremental'
>     check logical database
>     plus archivelog delete input;
>  }

Hi,

Keep in mind that your script is not a backup in pure meaning of that word.
You are doing only a incremental backup which is recovered into copy
of database files in FRA.
Do you have a backup of data files in any other location ?

In your case you can restore into point of time - as you are applying
incremental backup every day.
Do you have RMAN backup of level 0 which can be used as a base backup
in point in time recovery ?

> I have one problem I don't know how to solve... while I was messing around, I
> managed to lose all my archive logs.  That would be ok in itself, except that
> I can't get RMAN to forget about them.  I deleted all my backups and copies
> and started over, but the "restore archivelog all validate" still gives
>
> RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 1613 and
> starting SCN of 256369082 found to restore

Is this logseq 1613 close to current one ?
This error mean that Oracle is trying to check if it has all archive
log required to restore from base backup until current position.

--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com