RE: RMAN Testing Suggestions

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:11:16 -0500

Dennis,

That's a good start.

Here's something else to consider.

In the past, I've had recoveries fail that depended on the size of the
database file.  It recovered fine for a file up to a certain size.  Anything
larger and it failed.  If I remember correctly, it was more of a hardware
problem than software.

But I would only consider a recovery successful if you performed a full
recovery of your production database.  Otherwise, you are just whistling in
the dark - you never really know if it's going to work until it *has* to.

Just my little 2 cents.

Hope it helps.

Tom