RE: RMAN Tape Media Volume Identification

  • From: <jim.silverman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 08:51:31 -0400

Thanks for the followup, Tom.

This timing couldn't be better, since even as we speak I'm diddling
around with querying the RC_BACKUP_PIECE and related views.  Since my
primary need is to identify the volumes on which expired backups
resides, it seems a rather straightforward task to simply retrieve this
information from this view (after having run a CROSSCHECK).

Thanks again for the guidance.  Have a good weekend!
 =====================================
Jim Silverman
Senior Systems Database Administrator
Solucient, LLC - A Thomson Company
Telephone:   734-669-7641
FAX:            734-930-7611
E-Mail:         jim.silverman@xxxxxxxxxxx

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mercadante, Thomas F
(LABOR)

I don't think you will find the specific tape volume information in the
Rman repository.  This is managed by the Media Management software.