Re: RMAN TSPITR / AUM Problem

  • From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:25:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

Problem solved... (it was my fault!)

I'm not 100% sure I understand what was happening but
the jist of it was that there was a trigger which
audited all database DDL to a log table in the USERS
tablespace.  Because this tablespace was offline the
trigger was failing.

Now, I have seen this trigger fail before for various
reasons - normally however it just prevents the
logging (but permits the underlying DDL to complete)
happening but it seems as if somehow it was also
preventing the undo segments becoming active at all.

If I set _system_trig_enabled=FALSE in the auxiliary
instance then it all works nicely.

I might look into the exact details of why the trigger
was preventing the undo segments coming online if I
have more time, but most likely I'll just have to
remember to set this parameter if I have a similar
situation in future.

Charlotte

--- Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx>

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs