RMAN Syntax

  • From: "Smith, Ron L." <rlsmith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:41:12 -0500

I am trying to build a parameter file for RMAN.  I can't get the format
of the syntax correct.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this?

echo "backup database plus archivelog delete input "            >>
${PAR_FILE}
echo "       format '${DMP_DIR}/%d_t%t_s%s_p%p.bak' "           >>
${PAR_FILE}
echo "       tag = '${ORACLE_SID}_${TIMESTAMP}' "               >>
${PAR_FILE}
echo "       setsize=  2097160192; "                            >>
${PAR_FILE}
echo "delete noprompt force obsolete; "                         >>
${PAR_FILE}
echo "} "

Thanks!
Ron

Important Notice!!
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use,
distribution or copying of the message is prohibited.
Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received this
message by mistake, then delete the e-mail message.
Thank you.