Re: RMAN Restore to New Host

  • From: Andy Rivenes <arivenes@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:21:21 -0800

There is a paper on appsdba.com that describes how to do this with 8.0
RMAN.  Even though it's incredibly old, it still may be of some help. For
what you want to do I don't think too much has changed all the way through 10g.

http://www.appsdba.com/papers/restore.pdf

At 04:11 AM 12/8/2004, Charlotte Hammond wrote:
>This should be a simple RMAN task but I can't find the "recipe" to do it....
>
>I want to restore my backup (assume backup to disk - no MML
>considerations) to a new host.  I know about the duplicate command but
>this assumes that the original target is available.  What if my original
>server has died?  (don't worry - only a test!)
>
>I'm sure this is a RTFM - but what FM to R?
>
>Thanks
>- Charlotte

Andy Rivenes
Email: arivenes@xxxxxxxx