RE: RMAN Related question (Earliest restore point within an RMAN backup?)

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Howard Latham' <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 08:39:23 -0500

Howard,

I the controlfile gets backed up last in a backup set (but before archivelogs)
if I'm not mistaken.

Therefore the controlfile timestamp should give me the point I can restore to
before needing to apply many archivelogs - assuming my logic is correct.

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily
reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its
employees.