Re: RMAN: Partial Backup: Metadata Only in Some Tablespaces and Full Data in Another

  • From: Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:59:33 -0500

Nope.  But creating a table in the wrong tablespace sure would.

If the applications use mutually exclusive sets of data, why not have two
databases?  Backup one with RMAN, and the other with datapump (metadata
only).

By the way, how long will it take to reload that 300GB from files?
Depending on your recovery window, RMAN backups may still be warranted.

--
Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead