Re: RMAN + NetApps

  • From: Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John.Fedock@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:08:49 +0300

Take a look at a NetApp product called SnapManager for Oracle:

http://www.netapp.com/us/products/management-software/snapmanager-oracle.html

Harel Safra

Fedock, John (KAM.RIC) wrote:

I am looking into moving all my backups to RMAN (10.2.0.4/Windows).

Reading thru the doco, my first impression is that is must integrate with your tape backups, so RMAN knows when items can be safely deleted.

Our systems team has started to use NetApps to take disk level snapshots as part of their new backup procedures.   Can anyone explain to me as to how RMAN can integrate with this solution (if possible?).

I am going to google next.

Thanks all,

John Fedock

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l