RE: RMAN - Local vs. central backup script

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:37:08 -0500

Dennis,

I find it just as easy to have a standard Rman cron script and simply have
it installed on each box.  Cron runs on each box and schedules the backup
accordingly.

Obviously, if you have something like Tivoli Workload Scheduler, it would be
easier to control the backups from one place - this simply runs the shell
script on each machine.

To me, its 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.  We telnet to each machine
as needed.

Hope this helps.

Tom