RE: RMAN -Help

  • From: "Ruth Gramolini" <rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:39:40 -0400

I am still here, and I still have those scripts, but if you are using 9i
just look in ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo at the case1(thru 4).rcv scripts.  These
are what I am using now.  I you are trying to use an rman backup to make a
copy on a new box, the see case4.rcv.  It will tell you how to create a
duplicate (clone)  database.  Then look at the documentation for the DBNEWID
stuff.  This allows you to assign a new dbid and new db_name to the clone.
Very slick!

If you still are having trouble, just post again.

Good luck,
Ruth