Re: RMAN Duplicate - unregister original database

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 06:49:59 -0700 (PDT)

The dbid is the distinguishing factor for an rman catalog     not instance name
so while u might have 2 instance name b but 2 unique databases

Fuad

On Apr 15, 2009, at 8:43, "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Then won't I have two database B's in the recovery catalog?

>>> dave <david.best@xxxxxxxxx> 4/15/09 9:32 AM >>>
No, the new database will have a new DBID, so you will have to
register it with the catalog.

tnx

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have database's A and B on different servers and using a catalog.  If I
> want to do a RMAN duplicate of A to B, do I first have to unregister the
> original B database from the catalog?
>

> Jeffrey Beckstrom
> Database Administrator
> Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
> 1240 W. 6th Street
> Cleveland, Ohio 44113

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction with
virus detection software.