RE: RMAN - Duplicate Database with Veritas to new server

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 15:40:31 -0700

That's weird, it works fine for me with 5.1 MP4 on AIX - I ran the
following successfully just last month:

        rman target sys/pwd@baanprd <mailto:sys/pwd@baanprd>  catalog
rman/pwd@rcat <mailto:rman/pwd@rcat>  auxiliary / msglog $RESTORE_LOG
append  <<EOF
        run{
        allocate auxiliary channel ch1 type 'SBT_TAPE' parms
'ENV=(NB_ORA_CLIENT=baanprd01)';
        duplicate target database to baantst;
        }
        EOF

So it sounds like the problem was either introduced in MP5, or is
specific to Windows, or maybe is only a problem when sending multiple
parameters?

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for it if we have difficulty with DUPLICATE
DATABASE in the future.

Thanks,
Brandon

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jared Still

This is NetBackup 5.1 MP5 on Windows 2003.

. . .

Setting up the parameters with the ALLOCATE CHANNEL command does not
work with DUPLICATE
DATABASE and NetBackup.