RMAN DBID

  • From: David Turner <dnt9000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:16:51 -0700 (PDT)

I'm finally replacing the backup scripts we use for
our databases with RMAN and am looking for any tips
from people that have been using it for a while.

First off, if you're not using a recovery catalog
where should you store the DBID. I hate to think I
wouldn't be able to restore a DB because I forgot to
update a spreadsheet. I'm also looking at including it
in the backup tag, but wanted to get some info from
the list before setting anything in stone.

Thx, Dave

http://mail.yahoo.com