RE: RMAN: Clone db from a previous resetlogs backup

  • From: "Aragon, Gabriel (GE, Corporate, consultant)" <gabriel.aragon@xxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle list" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 09:47:16 -0400

I cant use set incarnation since db A cant be touched, by now.

Jared, db A was refreshed and a separated db for rman catalog is
configured. I have verified orphaned backups and path of incarnation, I
can restore db A to previous incarnation and then make the clone but as
I stated before, db A is under usage at this moment. Seems to be the
only solution, so I need to wait for user's confirmation to proceed.

Its pretty peculiar how this gets so complicated by RMAN when using a
normal hotbackup would allow to make the clone in less than 20min. (34G)