Re: RMAN 9i Behaviour

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Subbiah, Nagarajan" <Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:50:20 -0700

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Subbiah, Nagarajan <
Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If we have two archive destination, Will the archive log be backed up  from
> both the location for the same file or will it backup only one archive log
> file?. We assumed that since we have two archive location, RMAN deletes the
> archives even if it is backed up only once.

From the doc:

If you specify BACKUP ARCHIVELOG ALL, then RMAN backs up exactly one copy of
each distinct log sequence number. For example, if you archive to multiple
destinations, RMAN backs up one copy of each log sequence number—not each
copy of each log sequence number. For other commands, such as DELETE,
ALLdoes refer to every log, even duplicate log sequences.

--
Jared Still