RE: RMAN

  • From: "Robertson Lee - lerobe" <Lee.Robertson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracledbam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:24:53 +0100

I have been out of the Oracle world for some time now (4 years to be
precise) and when I left we were not using RMAN.

So my advice to you from personal experience (in the last month)
is...............

Load up 9i and 10g on your machine. Create a database or just use the
pre-supplied ones)
(Optionally) attach an external hard drive (I was using a laptop with
only one hard drive)
Purchase a decent book (or grab the documentation) I used RMAN Backup
andRecovery by Robert Freeman (this is for 9i as I am getting to grips
with that first)

Start learning. !!

Within 1 hour of configuring I was backing up databases, trashing them
or parts of them and restoring them

Asking for scripts is not the way forward mate.

Happy RMAN'ing

On 3/30/06, Dean Paul <oracledbam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Hi,
        i want to setup RMAN for backup on Windows2000/Oracle9i and 10g.
        Let me  know if any one have ready made script?
        Let me know if any good documents if you have?
        thanks
        -Seema

        Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today -
it's FREE!

privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.